Friday, December 23, 2005

Drug-Resistant Bacteria Spreading

...Emergency room doctors gave the 20-month-old girl with strawberry-blond hair standard antibiotics to treat a high fever and mild rash that looked like windburn. Then they sent her home....

...The bacteria that aren't killed reproduce and create more drug-resistant bacteria.Williams said many healthy people are carriers, but the exact numbers aren't known.

He noted that a Vanderbilt study found that the number of Middle Tennessee children carrying MRSA increased nearly tenfold from 2002 to 2005. Out of 500 children studied in 2002, 1% had the bacteria in their noses vs. 9.2% in 2005....

..."The message is if you see something that looks like a spider bite, think MRSA."...

Drug-Resistant Bacteria Spreading..Read More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamal,

Do you want to Prevent Skin cancer? I have been looking
around at blogs related to Drug-Resistant Bacteria Spreading and I found your site.

Nationally, there are more new cases of Skin Cancer each year than the combined incidence of breast, prostate, lung and colon cancers. Putting proven cancer protection and early detection techniques into action could eliminate at least 100,000 cancer cases and 60,000 cancer deaths in the U.S. each year. I have a site that I thought would help. So I wanted to leave you a quick message while I was here.

Take a look at my site you will be glad
you had did! The site deals with mydermafend,Dermafend,and Prevent Skin cancerrelated information.

Jamal, I have some great stuff on my site that may be of assistance to you or some one you know.

Regards!

Donald